Product Code: C0077-CuP-Nom4x6
Availability: Pre order for delivery 5 to 6 weeks
Shipping calculated at checkout
Inside dimension: 3-5/8 x 5-5/8 inches
Bulk order discounts:
To fit post: 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches.
When you order 10 or more fence post caps in the pyramid or ball design, you'll automatically receive a discount at the shopping cart! (Cannot be combined with discount codes).
Order between 10 and 49 post caps, save 5%Order between 50 and 99 post caps, save 8%
Order 100 or more, save 12%
** Measure your posts before ordering. Not all 4x6 measure the same. **
* Our copper caps are imported from India. We no longer make copper caps in house.
- Our copper pyramids are made with the thickest copper for fences and are completely seamless, made from one piece of copper.
- The sides are 3/4" long and we provide beautiful copper nails (2 per cap).
- Over time, the copper will develop a beautiful patina.
- The color of the patina will depend on the environment: water, salty air, acid rain, sap from trees, pollen are just some of the factors that will affect the patina. Rich antique copper penny brown is the most common but you may see other coloration too, not forgetting verde gris (green). That may take many many years to achieve, if at all.
Copper fence post caps & finials not only add a great finished look to your fence and deck posts, they protect the wood for many years. Fence post caps prevent water seeping into the top of the post, reducing the chance of water damage that causes splitting or rotting €”ultimately saving you time and money in future years.
The lifespan of a wooden fence post is directly connected to several factors: the type and quality of the wood, how it was treated (or not) & protected, and the quality of the fence post toppers, caps or finials. At the top of every post, there is exposed open grain where the wood was cut across, either flat or at an angle. These open sections give ample opportunity for water to penetrate into the wood itself, causing rot from the inside out, weakening the post & making it unsafe and unsightly.
Lumber costs are higher than ever, so we know you don't want to risk that costly replacement any time soon! You spent far too much money €”and possibly labor €”on that wooden fence and the wooden posts to let that happen. Precautions, such as treating, staining, and painting all help. What will stop the water seeping into that top for longer than anything else is a metal fence post cap or topper.
Our 4x4 copper fence caps toppers provide a seamless barrier for protection. With slightly angled sides and edges, the water is kept off the top and upper edge of your wooden post, keeping that area dry and weather proof for many decades.